THE PERFECT TOBLERONE COOKIES
I perfected my cookie recipe on friday and so I thought I would share it with you, coz I'm nice like that.
1. Pre heat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Mix 225g of butter with 350g of sugar and a couple teaspoons of vanilla extract.
(n.b. Use baking butter for best results, as normal butter clumps together. Also use a mixture of dark brown, light brown and caster sugar. If you like sweet cookies have half of the amount of sugar caster and the rest brown - if you like a more caramely buttery taste have the ratio more equal.)
3. Beat in two eggs to your mixture.
4. Mix in 350g of plain flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
5. Break into small chunks two large Toblerone bars (or 350g of a chocolate of your choice)
(n.b. Don't scrape the shavings of the chocolate into the mixture, they look prettier and taste nicer if it's just big chunks of chocolate - also Toblerone bars are only a quid at Poundland!)
6. Grease a baking tray with butter and use two large spoons to transfer balls of your cookie dough onto the tray - you'll only be able to fit a couple/few on at a time (depending on the size of your tray) but let them have their own space, as they'll spread a lot!
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes. If you prefer gooey cookies take them out early, if you prefer biscuity cookies leave them in for longer.
8. Transfer to a wire rack using a spatula and leave to cool. (Or eat them hot and gooey out of the over - my personal preference)
Et voila! If you're really nice, you'll wrap them up in cellophane bags and give them to people you love. They're so good though, I don't think you'll want to share.