Friday 24 February 2012

Fly Away Home

Yesterday there was an out of the blue taste of summer. Suddenly everyone was in t shirts and shorts and I could actually justifiably pull out my old ray bans.

It made me excited for summer and my head was filled with all the places I could go. At the moment I'm torn between 'doing' europe properly, (I have visions of me scooting along dusty streets on a bright red vespa), and America, San Francisco in particular. A friend of mine went there and I've been obsessed ever since. She's also very talented and beautiful, so check out her San Francisco post.

Prompted by this and the avoidance of work, I revisited some old photos from when I went on a brief travelling stint a couple of years ago with a friend from uni, and stumbled across this which was written on the streets of Berlin:



And I was hit by the one downside of travelling. That you're away from the ones you love. Which lead to me discovering this genius piece of technology: long distance relationship pillows. Each person wears a special ring and when one person goes to sleep, the other persons pillow begins to glow and you can hear their actual heartbeat... kind of weird, but also kind of nice. Here's a video showing how it works.

Home or away, I don't mind which right now, as long as I'm not in the library anymore.

X


No comments:

Post a Comment